Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cultural life

Hi !

As our country was colonized by different people, we have a very mixed culture. Our culture & habits are very mixed as well.
Here in Londrina, we have a lot of Japanese culture, including festivals and restaurants. By the way, our food is a good example of how mixed our culture: you can find african, european, asian and even arabian food.
Pizza pie are very popular here, São Paulo city is known as "Pizza capital of the world", with 1.4 millions pizzas consumed daily (source: wikipedia).

2 comments:

  1. I was reading your past entry too, Jeff. What kinds of things would you like to know more about in U.S. culture, Jeff? I really like Jack Kerouac too. I think "On the Road" is considered one of the best, and most popular books of the 20th century. Our country is very much like yours in that it is a large mix of cultures due to various immigrants groups. In Minneapolis where we are the largest groups of immigrants were Irish, German, Swedish and Norwegian. Most of these people were farmers and the midwest of the U.S. has a lot of farmland. But now the immigrant groups are changing. We have continually more Somali, Hmong and Mexican immigrants. I don't know "The Sword", but I will look them up. What other kinds of bands do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "On the Road" is great, I read it when I was 16 and it stills being my favorite book. I have heard they are making a movie about it... do you know?
    Did you listen to "the sword"?
    hmm... I like some rock and metal bands... from America I like Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica... I like some old stuff too.. Like Johnny Cash and Robert Jonhson, the bluesman!

    ReplyDelete