Friday, November 26, 2010

History

So, this week's topic is History and I have decided to talk a little bit about Brazil's History. Ouw colonizers were from Portugal (that's why we speak Portuguese), and when they arrived they kind of "destroied" all natives, almost like what happened in the USA, right guys?
After a while some people from other countries started to come to brazil to live, people like Italians, Germans, Japanese, Chinese, people from all over the world and of different ethnicities. And that's why our country has so many races mixed up, which Ithink it's a really nice thing. I teach at a Japanese private school, and I have only Japanese students, I loves knowing them and learning about Japanese language and theis habits and their comunity, because it is kind of different, for example, I come from an Italian family, we still have different food, speak really loud and stuff like that. And with my Japanese students I could taste new food and learn new words in Japanese, and learn a bit about them, almost all of them are kind of shy.
So that's what I like about our history, the "mixture" of races and cultures we have all over the country.

What do you guys like about you country's History?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment