Saturday, November 27, 2010

Londrina's history

Hey, this is me again!
Now, I'll let you now about our city's history.
Do you know that our city's name came from the name London? Yeah, it's kinda Little London. Some say that's because of the fog in the morning in the time that they found the city.
I was born here, but actually I don´t know very much about it because I moved to São Paulo. So, lemme do a search.
The city is 75 years old and we are far from the capital, Curitiba, 369km, and we have the second higher population in Paraná State, 493.358 people. We have one of the most important and best public university and great part of the population are students.
In the past, we were known for the coffee plantation, and many german, japanese and italian imigrants came here to explore the soil. Now, the shops and the agriculture industry are the most important jobs.
Londrina is not a very cold city. In Brazil, the winter happens among May and September, more or less, and as we are in the South region, we have some really cold days. What's worse is the wind, that makes the days colder. But in November starts the summer. Uhm, today is 27th of november, and I can't stand the heat here! The good news is that, when the days are very hot, it rains in the evening, but not all days.I hope it rains today, otherwise I'll melt! lol
There are here many places to visit, like the museum, the Igapó lake, theater and cinema.
There are lots of bars to go out at night. People here have night life because they work and study all day long.
So, for the time being, that's it. If I find more interesting news, I let you know.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment