Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Culture life

Here in Londrina we have some habits that seem weird for me, for example: Today it is a sunny and beaultiful holiday, the green of leaves are so strong that shines, the sky is with a kind of blue difficult to explain. Our city is full of trees and we have a big lake called Igapó where the sunset is amazing but what do we do? We go to Catuaí mall, the biggest here. There, it is like our beach, everybody goes to see others and be seen, this is the fun. We eat and stroll throught the corridors, see storefronts and maybe buy something or go to the movies. I did it today, most of us did. You know what I really would like to do? Riding my bike on trails in the rural area! The problem is that it is not wise to do this alone. I planned to go with a friend, but he got hurt and can not go. So you know...went to the mall. I'm not an urban person I love nature. But Londrina has an urban culture life. Many restaurants, bars, night clubs where country music is loved...we don't have theaters with good plays and when we have it is very expensive. That's all for today!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was funny how often people went to the malls in Brazil too, Silvia. Although, I admit, I ended up going often too, especially on Sunday since nothing else was open. But I love riding my bike or going for long walks. You would love Minneapolis, we have tons of lakes and bike paths. It's just beautiful. You are welcome to come and visit anytime!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is rico gunn and id say it is very diverse here also. There is also alot of prejudice here though because of it. Im african-american but i have a wide variety of friends that are of different races and have different cultures. There is lots of things that ive learned from them that i probably wouldnt have learned if i just stayed with people that are pretty much the same as me.

    ReplyDelete