Tuesday, October 19, 2010

JFK Student Government!

Hi, I'm Taylor!
I'm involved in my school's Student Government program. We meet every Tuesday at 7:15 before school starts. Each Tuesday, we have a group of Seniors who sort of run the meeting, including one "President". We usually talk about and plan out the events of our school such as our spirit days, that go on during the week of school dances and football games such as Homecoming where we can dress up according to the designated themes of each day! Those types of things are the most fun to plan. Otherwise, we also will later plan the Blood Drive, and other fundraiser type things. I've never given blood because I have a late birthday and you cannot donate until you are sixteen. This year will be my first time being able to participate and I'm super excited! Anyways, it's pretty cool to be involved and get to have a say in how certain things work at our school. But it's so early and I don't like to wake up. So that part is kind of a bummer. This week it was canceled, so today I could take extra time to get ready. Yes!! Okay, well, talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment